Pickleball combines the elements of tennis, ping pong, and badminton. It is a sport that anyone can play, whatever age they are. All you need are a paddle and a plastic ball with holes in it. The great thing with pickleball is that you can choose to play it indoors or outdoors and the net used is simply a modified version of a tennis net. Easy to play and easy to set up, pickleball continues to become popular among different age groups and households worldwide.
For first-timers, you should start by looking into products that are cheap, yet high-quality. The pickleball balls are essential materials for great gameplay. Take note of the quality of the pickleball balls because it can determine the quality of the game as well. If you choose a material that easily breaks, then the game is instantly ruined. Make sure you know which pickleball balls to buy so that you 100% enjoy the sport with friends and family.
When shopping for Pickleball balls, you’ll want to be sure to keep an eye out for these important features:
- Ball material: always look for Pickleball balls that don’t drastically change its shape or quality even after multiple games. Having small, unnoticeable ridges on the seam of the ball is fine, as long as your game is not affected. Durability is essential, as well as the ability to withstand the paddle blows.
- Size and weight: accuracy in the size and weight of the Pickleball ball is essential for proper gameplay. Regarding the ball size, it should be between 2.874 inches and 2.972 inches only, with an out-of-round diameter not above +0.020 or – 0.020 inches. On the other hand, the weight of a ball should fall between 0.78 ounces and 0.935 ounces. Remember that even if only one of the two is inaccurately measured, it is not suitable for any competition or tournament.
- Bounce: You must also accurately measure this feature for proper gameplay. From a height of seventy-eight (78) inches, drop the ball and take note that it must bounce at a height of thirty to thirty-four (30 to 34) inches. Use a granite surface when testing, and the temperature should range from seventy-five to eighty (75 to 80) degrees Fahrenheit.
We’ve done the research and read hundreds of customer reviews to bring you our curated list of the top 10 Pickleball balls for outdoor play.
Our Top 10 Pickleball Balls For Outdoor Play: A Deep Dive
#1: INDOOR or OUTDOOR Pickleball Balls in 3, 4, 6, or 12 Pack By Day 1 Sports (Editor’s Choice!)
These No products found. offer customers the best playing hours and gameplay compared to other brands. The explicit attention to product details is what the manufacturers think sets the brand apart from others. If you wish to have the best outdoor Pickleball experience, then this product is for you.
- Molded with extra durability for high-quality gameplay.
- Consistent bounce and flight.
- Accurately follow USAPA’s criteria.
- There are specific neon colors for high visibility.
- Ideal for everyone: beginners or professionals.
One customer mentioned being a tournament Pickleball player and found No products found. to be comparable to the official brand in big tournaments. Others commend the brand for producing high-quality Pickleball balls for such a low price. Some have given these products as a gift.
#2: TOP Ball (The Outdoor Pickleball)
TOP is the perfect equipment for all Pickleball tournaments outdoors. The measurements are accurate and within average limits, as well as the bounce which is at thirty-two (32) inches. The product is of high quality and is specifically manufactured to cater to proper gameplay standards.
- It is molded explicitly for strength and durability.
- It is precise and even weighting that surrounds the ball.
- There are no weak points due to seamless construction.
- You can choose from a variety of colors: yellow, orange, white, and neon green.
- Each ball has forty perforations for better outdoor games.
A lot of customers praise TOP for having Pickleball balls that are well-made. Most say that the Pickleballs were perfect for amateurs and professionals alike. However, some customers said that it took some time before they adjusted to the products textures.
#3: NewFit True Pickleball Balls- Premium Outdoor Pickleballs
NewFit are quite a steal because it comes with a ball bag where you can store your equipment if not needed. Manufacturers are confident with the satisfaction rates, which is why they offer a thirty-day money-back guarantee plus a one-year free replacement warranty. This product aims to give consumers their money’s worth.
- Longer lasting Pickleball balls because of DuraWeld Construction.
- Consistent bounce due to the high quality plastic materials used.
- There are forty perforations for the perfect outdoor play.
- Easy to bring anywhere, thanks to the free bag included.
- Reduced wind resistance.
Comparable to Onix Pure 2, the NewFit stay true to the advertisements they post. Customers are praising the excellent quality and color of the product, as well as the unique playing experience. Although some say it’s a bit softer than Onix Pure 2, it’s still one of the best in the market.
#4: Gamma Sports Photon Indoor And Outdoor Pickleballs
The Gamma give consumers the ability to choose whether they want materials explicitly made for indoor or outdoor plays. These Pickleball balls come in packs of three, six, and forty, as well as in bright, easy to see colors for more comfortable playing experience. This product caters to any game, be it inside a gym or at the local park.
- Twenty-six perforations for indoor play, forty holes for outdoor play.
- 2-piece construction for balanced throws.
- Easy identification and visibility.
- USAPA approved.
- Nice bounce.
For most customers, the Gamma make it easier to play outdoors because of the colors and perforations. Some have stated that the product’s hardness made it a bit harder to play. But overall, many recommend using Gamma for most indoor and outdoor tournaments.Check Current Price
#5: SHOWPIN Pickleball Balls Indoor Pickleball Balls With 26 Holes And Outdoor Pickleball Balls With 40 Holes
For No products found., improvement is an essential factor to cater to the growing population of Pickleball players. The manufacturers made sure to produce products that are of excellent elasticity, as well as optimize and upgrade traditional pickleball designs. The brand offers a replacement or refund if you dislike the product, so you’re sure to get your money’s worth with this item!
- Reduction of wind disturbance while playing outdoors.
- Gives players throwing balance.
- High durability.
- Excellent visibility because of the bright colors.
- Easy to use.
Many say that No products found. fit all criteria needed for great gameplay. Some have mentioned that these products are great only for practice sessions. Other customers took notice of the bright colors, which made the game easier for them.
#6: Onix Pure 2 Outdoor Pickleball Balls Specifically Designed And Optimized For Pickleball (Editor’s Choice!)
Onix aim to give players the best experience in outdoor Pickleball gameplays by manufacturing quality equipment for consumers. The product boasts of a heavier weight compared to other brands. If you wish to have an extraordinary Pickleball experience, make sure you choose this product.
- Accurate flight technology: the balls have more weight at the seams which give players a better throwing experience.
- There is a consistent bounce.
- Resistant to splitting even after multiple hits.
- The seams are heated and fused for added strength.
- Durable even in aggressive gameplays.
What buyers love the most about Onix is that there is reduced wind resistance due to the product’s heaviness. Others say that the quality of the balls made it easier to practice, especially for amateurs. Some find the products a bit expensive.Check Current Price
#7: EasyTime Outdoor Pickleball Balls
EasyTime help make the gaming experience a better one. From the brand name itself, the product gives players an easy and fun time while playing Pickleball with friends and family. Size, weight, bounce, and hardness specifications of this product are precise and made explicitly for outdoor games.
- The product meets USAPA’s product criteria.
- Better ball tracking because of the bright color.
- There is a proper distinction between colors (yellow: indoor ball, orange: outdoor ball)
- Balanced flight mode.
- High-quality and high durability.
Although some customers say EasyTime feel a bit harder and slicker, others commented that it is of good quality. Many say that even after months of playing, the product stayed in great shape. This brand is worth a try if you’re a beginner.Check Current Price
#8: Handy Hopper
A11N make sure you know what you’re looking for by specifying that they make their products for outdoor Pickleball games. The experience becomes an easier one with these products because of the premium manufacturing. The brand also wants customers to feel free to contact their customer service to better their buying experience.
- Optimized for outdoor court games.
- Unique bounce technology.
- Made from dense TPE texture.
- Forty precisely drilled perforations.
- It has a bright yellow color for proper identification and distinction during games.
Almost all customers say that A11N could be better than most expensive brands. The quality is excellent with a very affordable price, which makes it a winning combo. These products work well for practice sessions.Check Current Price
#9: ZOEA Outdoor Pickleball Balls
ZOEA is a great start if you want to try playing Pickleball with your family and friends. The quality of the material caters to standard outdoor Pickleball criteria. The brand also offers a 15% discount when you buy one or more products.
- Seams are weighted heavier for shot accuracy.
- Product is of high-quality elastics for a better bounce.
- High durability.
- Outstanding playability.
- The product has bright, easily noticeable colors.
The ZOEA are a customer favorite because of the reasonable price, as well as the great colors for identification. The product is great for summer outdoor Pickleball sessions. Customers love that the product is the same as the advertisement.
#10: Onix Fuse Outdoor Pickleball Balls (Yellow)
Onix is a variant of the numerous Pickleball balls manufactured by the brand Onix. Specially made for outdoor tournaments, this product can last up to months. The quality is excellent and caters to the needs and qualifications of professional or amateurs alike.
- The product meets the criterion for USAPA outdoor tournaments.
- Precisely drilled holes.
- There is exceptional seam welding.
- You may use the product for indoor games as well.
- “Ready to play” feature.
The Onix gained praise for the bounce technology it has, especially during tournaments. This product is highly recommended by many. Although some customers say that it only lasts a few months, the majority of buyers took note of how good the games are because of the quality of the balls.Check Current Price
A great Pickleball ball is a product that fits into USAPA’s criterion. For most brands, they focus on accurately manufacturing products that have precise weight, size, and heaviness. When finding the perfect Pickleball ball, make sure to take note of the bounce, the size, and weight, as well as the ball material. In Pickleball, the ball is a vital part of excellent gameplay.
We chose No products found. as our top pick because of the explicit attention given to details. The brand aims to set itself apart by having a team that further improves Pickleball balls for players. The product also boasts of different met criteria for USAPA requirements. Customers also gave high ratings for the products performance and quality.