Looking to step up your pickleball game? There are now a variety of effective training aids, from ball shooters to serve correctors, that will help you improve your shot and have more fun on the court.
- Important Considerations
- Our Top 10 Pickleball Training Aids: A Deep Dive
- Training Nets
- Ball Management
- #4: Tourna Pickleball Deluxe Caddy
- #5: Tourna Pickleball Pickup Tube
- #6: Ballszie Pickleball Holder
- #7: Tourna Hipster Ball Band
- Strength and Conditioning Tools
- Final Thoughts
Just want the best? Our highest recommended training aid is the . This is the tool elite pickleball players use to improve their game.
When shopping for pickleball training aids, you’ll want to be sure to keep an eye out for these important features.
- Pickleball specificity: Since pickleball is similar to both tennis and ping-pong, the pieces of equipment used are also related. You have to know whether the product you are buying is the right size and material for pickleball or not. Some manufacturers are just taking tennis and ping-pong equipment and rebranding it as pickleball gear. You want to make sure the training equipment you buy is truly effective for pickleball.
- Durability: Pickleball involves plenty of hitting. Make sure you select a training aid that will stand up to the wear and tear of impact from paddles and balls.
- Functionality: Since pickleball’s popularity is relatively recent, there are new training tools popping up almost daily it seems. Some of them are quite functional and will help you improve your game, while others are gimmicky and best avoided.
We’ve done the research and read hundreds of customer reviews to bring you a curated list of our top 10 pickleball training aids.
Our Top 10 Pickleball Training Aids: A Deep Dive
#1: Our Top Choice, The Pickleball Tutor Plus
If you’re looking for the training aid used by elite players, you need the . It features an adjustable ball feed speed, allowing you to send a ball as fast as every 1 second all the way down to as slow as every 10 seconds.
The two line oscillator allows you to automatically shoot balls to two preset court positions. Work on both your forehand and backhand at the same time, simulating a realistic game.
- Truly top of the line piece of equipment, allows you to simulate real gameplay and improve your shot
- Uses an electronic switch to control ball trajectory, rather than an error prone manual knob
- Start-up time delay allows you to get to your court position before balls begin shooting
- 110 Ball capacity
- Includes 25 free pickleballs (Penn 40 Outdoor balls)
- It’s pricey! You get what you pay for though, this machine is built to last.
The will allow you to take your pickleball game to the next level quickly and efficiently. Whether you’re a beginner, or an expert preparing for your next tournament, you’ll love the innovative features this training machine offers.
Our next 3 picks are pickleball training nets. These nets help you rack up reps on your servers, slams, volleys, and backhands so you’re well practiced for your next match.
#2: PowerNet Portable Pickleball Trainer
The PowerNet Portable Pickleball Trainer is a 7′ x 7′ training net that you can set up in your driveway, street, backyard, or even indoors. It works on almost any surface and is an idea practice net.
- ONE 7 ft x 7 ft NET – Perfect training net for Tennis or Pickleball. Work on any...
- DETACHABLE FRONT NET - The trainer comes with a removable 7 foot wide near regulation...
- EASY QUICK SETUP - Nets setup in less than 2 minutes. No tools required. Sturdy net...
- ULTRA PORTABLE / TRAIN ANYWHERE - Great for indoor and outdoor use. Works on almost...
- Intended for ages greater than 12 years and older
- Ultra portable
- Sets up in less than 2 minutes, with no tools
- Stands up to the hardest hits
- Metal steel base
- Fiberglass vertical posts
- Comes with carrying bag
- It takes a little getting use to the size
- Bright red color sticks out
PowerNet backs their training net with a 1 year warranty. All frames, metal, and composite parts are guaranteed to arrive without defects and stand up to the rigors of pickleball training.
#3: Tourna Rally Pro Adjustable Tilt Rebound Net
Tourna's Rally Pro Adjustable Tilt Rebound Net allows you to practice your stroke, and features an adjustable tilt so you can lay the screen back for a high rebound – or tilt it toward you for aggressively bounced shots.
This net measures 7′ by 7′ and allows for plenty of hitting surface.
- The Tourna rally Pro Rebounder provides hours of tennis and pickle ball practice for...
- Groove your strokes! the rally Pro promotes offers endless stroke practice to help...
- Features an adjustable tilt so you can customize the height of the rebound
- Lay the whole screen back for a nice soft and high rebound or tilt it forward for an...
- Measures 7-feet high x 7 feet-wide for plenty of hitting surface.
- Excellent for driveways and garages
- Adjustable tilt is a gamechanger
- Suitable for all skill levels
- Has a lot of “bounce” to it
- Some assembly required, doesn’t set up quite as easy as the PowerNet
- The frame could be sturdier
Tourna’s offering is a great mid level training net, for when you don’t have a partner but still want to get some swings in.
Our next picks are for organizing and keeping track of your pickleballs, which is essential for training effectively.
#4: Tourna Pickleball Deluxe Caddy
The Tourna Pickleball Deluxe Caddy is perfect for scooping up pickleballs both indoors and outdoors. It has wheels, which allows players of any athletic ability to easily move it around the court.
- The Tourna Deluxe Pickleball Caddy picks up both indoor and outdoor pickleballs of...
- Wheels make it extra easy to maneuver for people of all ages
- Super lightweight design, weighs only 4.5 lbs, 50% less weight than other hoppers of...
- Made of durable, lightweight, double re-enforced polypropylene
- Patented locking system enables the handles to lock in the up and down position. No...
- Very durable, made with double re-enforced polypropylene
- Uses a unique patented system to lock the handle up and down, so your pickleballs won’t spill out unexpectedly
- Super lightweight, just 4.5lbs (less than half the weight of other hoppers)
- Sliding bars close the top, allowing for secure transport
- Some assembly required (pretty easy though)
The Tourna Pickleball Deluxe Caddy is a top of the line hopper for keeping your pickleballs and court organized. It allows you to focus on your game, not keeping track of equipment.
#5: Tourna Pickleball Pickup Tube
The Tourna Pickleball Pickup Tube allows you to pick up balls without bending over! Just press the tube on top of the ball, and it sucks it right up.
- Stop bending over to pick up Pickleballs. Simply press the Tube over the ball and it...
- Picking up pickleball is now a lot easier and fun for everyone!
- The Tourna Pickleball tube holds about 17 pickleballs
- The tube picks up both indoor and outdoor balls of all sizes thanks to the...
- To empty the tube, just turn it over and dump it into a hopper or bucket.
- Holds a whopping 17 pickleballs
- Works on both indoor and outdoor balls
- Easy to empty, just turn it over and dump it out
- Lightweight and durable
- Occasionally balls get stuck in the tube
Although it has a unique look, the Tourna Pickleball Pickup Tube is a really handy device to have on the pickleball court. It’ll save your back from bending over constantly to pick up balls.
#6: Ballszie Pickleball Holder
It’s got a funny name, but the Ballszie Pickleball Holder is a great way to manage your pickleball balls during a game. It’s basically a well designed fanny pack for pickleballs, that allows you to keep them close even if you’re not wearing shorts with pockets.
- Holds 6-8 Pickleballs - No Pockets Needed
- Fits men, women and kids - Adjusts 22"-52"
- Pickleballs stay secure when even when you twist, bend, or jump
- Keeps the game moving - less pickleball pickup
- Great aid to practicing serves - holds 8 pickleball balls
- Holds up to 8 pickleballs
- One size fits all, set the waist from 22″ to 52″
- Light, mesh fabric
- Just 8 ounces
- It would be nice if the waist belt was a strechier elastic
Using the Ballszie Pickleball Holder to manage your pickleballs allows you to focus on improving your game, not organizing your equipment. It’s a nice addition to your gear setup.
#7: Tourna Hipster Ball Band
- Small: 24″ to 27″ waist
- Medium: 28″ to 31″ waist
- Large: 32″ to 35″ waist
- X-Large: 36″ to 39″ waist
It’s designed to hold up to 2 balls comfortably, and has a low profile design that hugs your body.
- No pockets no problem, the Hipster will hold your extra tennis balls or pickle balls
- The Hipster ball band fits over your shorts, pants, or skirt to hold up to two extra...
- Stretches to fit snugly around your waist
- The ball stays put and doesn’t bounce with the unique compression design of the...
- Size: small (waist 24" - 27"). MED (waist 28" - 31"). large (waist 32" - 35"). XL...
- Stretchy hip band that is super comfortable
- Keeps your pickleballs snug and secure, not bouncing all over the place
- Fits over shorts, pants, and skirts
- Only holds 2 balls
- Largest size (XL) only accommodates up to a 39″ waist
You can’t go wrong with the Tourna Hipster Ball Band to keep your pickleballs handy during practice or a match. It’s a sleek, stylish option compared to the competition.
Strength and Conditioning Tools
Our final 3 recommendations are helpful to build the strength and conditioning you need to continue to play pickleball at a high level.
#8: Sport Speed Agility Training Kit
Our next recommendation is the Sport Speed Agility Training Kit. It includes several speed and agility tools, along with a DVD showing exactly how to use each component. The agility ladder is particularly useful for practicing cross court jumps and volleys.
- (1) Downloadable Instructional Training DVD English & Spanish (1) Free Layout Diagram...
- (1) Lateral Resistor Ankle Resistance Stepper
- (1) Round Rung Agility Ladder & (1) Resistance Harness
- (5) 8" to 12” Adjustable Speed Hurdles & (10) Agility Disc Cones
- (1) Speed Resistance Training Parachute & (1) Heavy Duty All In One Carrying Bag
- Everything you need to train speed and agility
- Helps develop fast twitch movements for pickleball
- Instructional DVD
- Carry bag
- The included speed hurdles aren’t directly useful for pickleball training
The Sport Speed Agility Training Kit comes with a huge variety of exercise tools to fine tune your conditioning and endurance.
#9: BB-Bands Resistance Bands
BB-Bands Resistance Bands are designed to help baseball players throw faster and longer, but they’re actually great for paddle and racket sports too. They are great for injury prevention and developing a strong serve.
- THROW FASTER. By stabilizing the small muscles in the shoulder players can improve...
- STAY HEALTHY. With the rise of arm injuries in young athletes it is important that...
- MULTIPLE SPORTS & AGES. BB-Bands are most popular with pitchers in baseball. However,...
- USE ANYWHERE. The BB-Band comes with a multitude of options in terms of where you can...
- You can clip them to anything (a pole, fence, or stationary object)
- Comes with a door anchor so you can train at home
- Particularly useful for preventing and rehabbing from arm and shoulder injuries
- Not pickleball specific
If you’re concerned about arm and shoulder injuries, or want to work on your upper body strength and flexibility, BB-Bands Resistance Bands are an excellent training aid.
#10: Coach’s Dry Erase Board
The simple but useful OnCourt OffCourt Magnetic Dry Erase Coach's Board, For Tennis and Pickleball Training, Great for Drills, Strategy, and Conditioning is great for keeping track of your reps and practice routine. It’s specifically made for use on the court, and comes with a dry-erase pen and magnetic dots.
- TRAINING TOOL: Multi-function board gives coaches a visual tool to train their...
- DUAL FUNCTION: Dry-erase and magnetic function gives 2 options for visual markers on...
- 2-SIDED BOARD: Dual-sided board great for strategy and conditioning instructions
- TENNIS OR PICKLEBALL: Works for 2 sport training: tennis and pickleball
- INCLUDES: 2-sided dry-erase and magnetic board, dry erase marker, and magnets
- Lots of room to write on: 12″ x 18″
- Double sided
- Great for both coaches and players managing their own practice routines
- Designed for tennis, not pickleball
While there are a variety of useful ball management and conditioning tools on the market, the ultimate pickleball training aid is the . You just can’t beat the option to send a ball to any area of the court, every single second. There is no other device that will get you the practice and reps to take your game to the next level as fast as this one.